An ideal spot to discover nature
In perfect harmony with Jouvence’s mission, which is above all to “encourage the discovery of nature”, the Sarracénie is a small cabin located in Mont-Orford National Park. Just 1.2 km from Jouvence’s reception centre, this beautiful site faces Castorie Pond, where you can admire the amazing work of the resident beavers. The Sarracénie cabin was remodelled in 2009. It has a large open area including a living room, wood stove and dining room, and a mezzanine. It can comfortably accommodate four to eight people, and is available year round.
With no modern conveniences such as electricity, telephone, or the Internet, this charming cabin immerses you in nature. Just a 30-minute walk (15 for the quick-footed!) will get you there on foot, skis, or snowshoes, depending on the season.
Upon your arrival at Jouvence, our staff will be pleased to answer all of your questions before you head out to the site. We want your nature experience to be memorable, and therefore recommend that you bring the following:
- A backpack for your personal items
- Good boots, suitable to the season – warm and waterproof
- Good warm, waterproof clothing
- Changes of clothing, especially socks
- In fall and winter: tuque, mittens, scarf (strongly recommended in spring also)
- A pair of running shoes, for indoor use
- A sleeping bag, sheet, and pillowcase, for a comfortable sleep
- Your toiletries
Meals are not included in stays at the Sarracénie. Bring your own food. There is a gas stove onsite.
Before your arrival, our team will bring to the cabin 40 litres of drinking water, kitchen utensils, pots and pans, a coffee maker and a few candles… Our Sarracénie, more than just a cabin!